The building of the former Jewish school was erected in the years 1821-1823. On November 28, 1823, the first service was held in the small synagogue. The building was subject to numerous modifications and it was only in the middle of the 19th century that it received today’s shape. In addition to the place for the service and for the young people to study, there was an apartment for the Rabbi and a chamber of meetings of the authorities of the Jewish kehilla. During the Second World War, the Jewish school housed the seat of the Jewish Council (Judenrat) and the Order Service (Ordnungdienst). After the war, the first meeting of Płock Jews was held in the building, during which a Jewish Committee was established, headed by Dawid Lichtensztajn. From 1950, the building housed the seat of the Gerszon Dua Clothing Workshop Cooperative in Płock. In 1955, the building at Kwiatka street was passed to the Municipal Management of Residential Buildings in Płock. In 1960, at the request of the Finance Department, the Presidium of the Provincial National Council in Warsaw established a mortgage register for the property. In 1962, the building was entered into the register of monuments. Since 2013, the Museum of Mazovian Jews has been operating in the building. Preserved from the old interior furnishings, there is a Torah ark from the first half of the 19th century. Subject to conservation in 1998, in February 2015 it has returned to its place in the former synagogue.