The oldest surviving documents regarding the founding of the Jewish cemetery in Płock are the privileges of King Zygmunt August from the 16th century. In 1568, the elders of the Jewish community, Jakub and Józef Marianka, bought a garden in the suburbs of the town from the heirs of the Płock councilor, Stanisław Wiecha. The cemetery was founded around 1570, had an area of 1.8 ha. The last burial here took place in 1850. The end of the cemetery’s existence was brought by World War II – the tombstones devastated by the Nazi occupants served in the process of creating the infrastructure of the town of Płock. During the liquidation of the cemetery, a group of Jews excavated the grave of Rabbi Zysze Plocker – his remains were covered with a tallit and together with profaned Torah scrolls they were buried in the cemetery at Mickiewicza Street. After the war, the cemetery area was designated by the authorities for the erection of buildings. Currently, there is a park and the dormitory of the Władysław Jagiełło High School.
The remains of the cemetery are a fragment of the wall that was preserved at the pedestrian crossing from Padlewskiego Street, where the youth from the School of Services and Entrepreneurship in Płock (ZSUiP) at the end of 2018 made a mural commemorating this place as part of the School of Dialogue project.