The cemetery at Mickiewicza Street was founded in 1845. The last known burial on it took place in 1968. During the Second World War, the Germans devastated the area of the cemetery, and the matzevas were used to construct pavements and build stairs leading from the Dominican Hill to the Vistula bank. On February 22, 1945, the Jewish Committee was established, which in the autumn of 1946 organized an exhumation of the bodies of the Płock Jews murdered in the Imielnica ravine. The corpses were moved to the Jewish cemetery at Mickiewicza Street. On October 23, 1949, the unveiling of the monument commemorating the Jews murdered during the war took place, designed by architect engineer Arie Lejb Perelmuter. In 1967, the monument was destroyed. In the same year, the construction of a new monument began, according to the design of the artist Lucjan Kot. Near the monument, on the wall called the Wailing Wall, fragments of matzevot from the old and the new cemetery were placed. On the area of 3.2 ha, about 10 tombstones have been preserved, including Szyja Buch – a well-known Jewish activist, son of Abram Mosze and Chana Gitla, who after the war was a member of the Jewish Committee, and in 1949 one of the co-founders of the Gerszon Dua Clothing Workshop Cooperative in Płock, based in the former synagogue at Kwiatka 7 Street, and Alfred Blay – before the war, the owner of the cloth shop at Grodzka Street, since 1946 the chairman of the Jewish Committee in Płock.